Singer Promise 1408
Thank you for all your support while we work through these uncertain times.
As a result of the Covid-19 restristions we unfortunately have to close from 5pm Tuesday 24 March 2020.
This includes all online sales as the couriers will no longer be serving our business since we are not classed as an essential service.
This means any orders placed over the next 4 weeks will be shipped once the lockdown is over.
We are terribly sorry for any inconvenience caused. We are doing everything we can to get back in store sending orders but the health and safety of our staff and customers is our top priority. We will keep you updated.
Stay safe and happy sewing!
- The Sewing Depot Team
Singer Promise 1408 Home Sewing Machine
Excellent value introductory level machine with many up-market features such as lay-in threading and convertible free arm. Sturdy internal metal frame and straight mechanical operation this is a good lower cost choice for basic garment construction and home clothing alterations.
None of the extra features of the more expensive electronic machines but a good basic first machine at a very good price.
BONUS: Singer Ready Set Sew DVD
- 8 built-in stitches
- 12 stitch functions
- 4-step buttonhole
- Sleek modern design
- Reverse operation
- Free-arm for sewing cuffs & sleeves
- Sturdy aluminium frame
- Product weight: approx.7kg
- Front load bobbin
- Variable preset zig zag
- Variable preset stitch length
- Auto bobbin winding
- Snap-on presser feet
- Built-in storage
- General all-purpose foot
- Button sewing foot
- Buttonhole foot
- Zipper foot
- Quilting guide
- Seam ripper / Lint brush
- Class 15 plastic bobbins
- Feed cover plate
- Pack of needles
- Instruction manual
- Foot pedal
SINGER MECHANICAL MACHINE WARRANTY
3 Year Limited Warranty
- In the first year all labour and parts are provided free excluding consumables (needles, light bulbs and overlocker knives).
- During years two and three all parts (excluding needles, light bulbs and overlocker knives) will be provided free of charge.
- The warranty excludes consumables, freight, normal wear & tear, user caused faults and misuse. A sewing machine is a complicated piece of machinery, please make sure you know how to use it by watching the DVD (where provided) or taking lessons.
- The warranty excludes freight and insurance to and from the place of service.
- Where the product has been used for commercial purposes, limited warranty applies on parts and labour for the period of 90 days from the date of purchase.
- The warranty is void if repairs are carried out by any person other than an Authorised Service Representative.