BROTHER JA1400 HOME SEWING MACHINE
The JA1400 is ideal if you’re learning to sew. A great Basic Machine at an affordable price. Reliable machine for simple sewing and mending. Will handle altering hems on jeans and making basic curtains (but not designed for heavy use all the time!). Not too expensive to upgrade from if you get hooked on sewing and decide you want bigger and better!
The JA1400 has 14 stitches, including a simple four-step buttonhole. The bobbin winder is easy to use, and bobbins are top loading – no fiddling around with a bobbin case.
You can use the JA1400 as a traditional flatbed machine, or convert it to a free arm for stitching cuffs and sleeves.
Watch the DVD for help with basic sewing techniques and a couple of projects to get you started.
- Mechanical sewing machine
- 14 stitches including 4-step buttonhole
- Max 5mm stitch width
- Max 4mm stitch length
- LED sewing light
- Top loading bobbin
- Max speed 750 stitches per minute
- 160mm built-in free arm
- Manual tension
- Zigzag foot on machine
- Buttonhole foot
- Zipper foot
- Needle set
- Foot controller
- Instructional DVD
3 YEAR BROTHER WARRANTY
Here's what Brother has to say about their warranty:
Our warranty goes above and beyond what is legally required for goods and services, and is in addition to your rights as a consumer under the Consumer Guarantees Act (CGA). For more details on what these rights are, you can visit www.consumeraffairs.co.nz. Our genuine Brother products work best in our Brother machine, so our warranty only covers genuine Brother products.
In the unlikely event that the machine you have purchased has a defect or is not operating as it should, please call our NZ based Helpdesk on 0800 329 111 or reach us online at www.brother.co.nz. We are available 7 days a week, and our team will help you through the steps you will need to take to lodge a warranty claim, and to get your machine back up and running again. We can also direct you to people who can help you operate the machine, if you are unclear on how it all works.
There are a few things your Brother warranty does not cover and these include (but are not limited to):
- Accessories and consumable items, which occasionally require replacement, and maintenance kits.
- Damage caused by accident, neglect, misuse, abuse, improper installation or operation, acts of God (unpreventable event caused by the forces of nature), foreign matter entering the product such as liquid, moisture, insect infestation or dirt.
- Damage caused from service, maintenance, modification or tampering by anyone other than a Brother authorised repairer, or with the use of supplies, consumables or add on items that are non-genuine Brother products.
- Using the machine other than for the intended purpose, use on electrical voltages other than shown on the rating plate, or use with the serial number or rate label removed.
Your rights under this warranty and the Consumer's Guarantee Act provide coverage for goods and services purchased for personal, domestic, or household use. So, if the machine you have purchased is being used for business purposes then you (as the purchaser) acknowledge that the Consumers Guarantee Act will not apply. You also acknowledge that no other warranties either expressed or implied by law are made with respect to this machine.
Servicing your machine regularly helps to maintain optimum performance. We recommend that your Brother machine be services a minimum of once every 12 months, depending on usage. If you need help finding a Brother authorised service technician, give our NZ based Helpdesk a call, and they will point you in the right direction.
Remember, we are committed to being at your side 7 days a week through our NZ based Helpdesk. Give the team a call on 0800 329 111 or visit us online at www.brother.co.nz and they will be happy to help!